Remember two years ago Tim and I spent a few weeks with our friends who live in Seminyak hanging out. Those were the days! Everyday was (in this order) : internet cafe, lunch at a local warung, beach, nap, cards, beach, indo beers on ku de ta's beach, dinner, more beers, sometimes mango vodka, more cards, maybe some more beach again depending if we went out that night. So fun.
I am so attracted to anything that looks 'colonial'. White, teak, ebony floors, bamboo, tropical foliage, linen, rattan, celadon and a little blue and white thrown in the mix, heaven. I think those formative years spent in Singapore created this little attraction! I think all beach houses should be done this way.
Beautiful Interior Oil that belongs to my friend Laurie...an ebay find, gorgeous huh? I stayed with Laurie at her cute little flat. Laurie and I went to high school together in Singapore. We're still great buddies. She works for Coach, and used to work for Gourmet, RIP Gourmet. She's super creative and does tons of photo styling and editing.
- my french is returning a petit peu, our waitor one night gave us dinner menus in french, but then dessert ones in english...damn, we blew our cover, we look french, just dont talk like it
- my belle mere robyn is a hero, she flea marketed with me in the freezing cold and pouring rain for about 3 hours, we bought the least packing and travelling friendly things ever, if i get arrested at gare du nord later for a huge horn carving knife, you know where i got busted
- our last shop yesterday was a gorgeous shop full of bijoux; robyn couldn't decide between two pairs of earings, the woman said, "c'est comme la dessert et le fromage". it was so true, donc, she bought both. bien sur.
- another waitor asked where I was from, I replied (embarrassingly) Texas, he replied, "chez pas paris". i cried a little.
- merci lived up to it's expectations, so did bon ton (i did not jinx myself and buy anything in bonton)
- Loft design by is our new fave. so obsessed
- back to Londres tonight, tres tres tres triste. good thing I'm coming back in mai (yes Tim, I'm coming back in the printemps)
- our taxi is here in cinq minutes, better go ask the lady who runs the hotel if she found out the paint colors of the lobby
love you paris, M
-my french is terrible (say terrible in a french accent but the rest in american english and you'll get my drift)
- which makes me sad my gazillions of years studying the language is failing me, tres triste. pathetique. vraiment.
-the euro star is fast, next time you're in london, take it to paris, you wont regret it
-cafe flore in st. germain is still as chic as ever and an afternoon chocolat chaud at angelinas was divine
-spent dollas at collette and didn't let the snobby haters that work there burst my first day in paris in 6 years bubble
-dinner including a boozy drink are on the cards now
-hotel st.beuve and david hicks are inspiring me beyond. my mother in law might leave me here if she hears me gush about another drapery detail, art placement, color combo..the list goes on.
-don't let me forget to buy another memory card demain.
- a special note to france and england if you're reading-iphones are useless without free wifi. merci.
-no pics, see note 1.
My husband kicking butt and taking names in the marathon
Hanging with my great pals Laurie, Allen, Colleen and Felipe
Meeting and drinking with new pals Jess, Nick, Catherine, and Will
John Derian, ABC, D&D, Madewell, my new quilted Hunter boots and all the other insane amount of shopping/sourcing I did
Shopping for antique carpets on the side of the road in the middle of Manhattan, so many stories to come!
Next Stop: London
See you later loves
Also, Carolyn Westbrook is going to be selling and signing her book!
RIVER OAKS COUNTRY CLUB HOLIDAY BOUTIQUE!
The Lagniappe Candle will also be for sale at Margaret Rotan Photography's booth at the River Oaks Country Club Holiday Boutique Sale this weekend!
River Oaks Country Club
Happy Shopping this weekend folks! Looks like people are already getting their Christmas on!
- February (1)
- November (1)
- September (1)
- August (7)
- November (4)
- October (6)
- September (8)
- August (14)
- July (12)
- June (10)
- May (11)
- April (12)
- March (9)
- February (10)
- January (13)
- December (10)
- November (15)
- October (23)
- September (9)
- August (11)
- July (7)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (10)
- March (19)
- February (12)
- January (13)
- December (11)
- November (12)
- October (18)
- September (21)
- August (23)
- July (29)
- June (33)
- May (24)
- April (17)
- March (26)
- February (25)
- January (18)
- December (15)
- November (22)
- October (31)
- September (28)
- August (16)